Month of May Media Credentials Application Procedures
106th Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge, GMR Grand Prix and Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires Credentials Requests Open
All requests must be made by April 25, 2022
Media credentials requests for the 106th Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge, GMR Grand Prix and Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires are being accepted. The deadline to submit all requests is Monday, April 25.
Media credentials are for working media only, for the primary purpose of gathering news for the timely coverage of the event. With the expected demand for media credentials, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be approved. Requests must come from an assigning editor, producer or director. Freelance media (photographers, journalists, etc.) must be on a specific assignment from a recognized media organization. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway reserves the right of final approval for media credentials applications. No one under age 18 will be granted media credentials.
Renewal Note: If approved by IMS, login information to renew your outlet's credentials will be emailed directly, please proceed using that information. You do not need to submit a separate request.
To request media credentials, assigning editors, producers or directors must email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name, address and phone number of media outlet
- Type of media outlet: Print/TV/Radio/Internet (For online media, please send the following information: Monthly number of visits, number of unique visitors, number of page views. For newspapers and magazines, please provide circulation size and frequency of publication.)
- Examples of prior motorsports coverage, including coverage from last year's event
The following information on each person to be credentialed:
- Name, address, valid email address
- Phone number
- Job responsibility
- Date of birth
- Either last four digits of Social Security number, complete driver's license number with name of issuing state or passport number with name of issuing country
Approvals or denials of applications will be sent via email.
If you have a 2022 INDYCAR media hard card, please contact email@example.com with a mailing address for sending your parking pass.